Monday, August 31, 2009

Stable Relationships

I'm curious, I can't make anything work, talk about the kiss of death. I'd like for something to prove even moderately successful, but I can't lie, and that's the rule. I'm fine with inanimate objects, or even with my imagination, but when it comes to actual relationships, I never know exactly what's expected. I cleaned some windows today and the view is dramatically improved, the greens even more severe. Made a runny omelet with blue cheese, fresh Roma tomatoes, and basil, good, but hard to eat, I chased it around with toast. Then I read for eight hours, drinking tea and toking as necessary. I allow one thing to lead to another, surrounding things with space. I know I'm not stupid, but I surround myself with dumb things, a mushroom that looks like a nose, a heel imprint that looks like the virgin Mary, so that they might lead somewhere. The problem with an active imagination is that it might lead you somewhere. The headaches, I'd wager, always followed the dreams. Just a guess, but I've noticed one thing follows another.

No comments: