Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Recovering

That was really strange, bad intestinal business, hit after dark, finally just went to bed, up a couple of times in the night. A bit better this morning and much better now. Mostly read today, staying hydrated, a couple of ventures out, but feeling quite debilitated. Rarely sick in that way. Don't really remember the last time. Still lovely outside, but getting close to melting temps, tomorrow and the next few days should be a mess. Hard slog in the mud, light packs, something every day; after we get the show packed, I'll need to make a frozen-driveway run for drinking water, either early or late one day, in and out before it thaws. Just another way circumstance dictates. Life ruled by a driveway. And that stomach thing, I thought the coon was still good. By their stomachs they are ruled. I envy serious predators for their ability to process carrion, so much marginal food goes to waste. Very still, even the frozen last leaves, clinging to a White Oak I can see out my window, are not moving. The current indicator for wind. I gave up on the sock, it always froze and sagged. Told you nothing but that it was cold, which was not the information you were after. My wind-indicators are different every year, usually the frozen leaves of a specific tree, but sometimes something artificial I might rig, to watch how ice behaves. This year I have loop of clothes-line, tacked to a couple of trees, with nylon drops every 2 feet, 6 inches long, I just wondered what they'd do, how they'd collect the ice. It's not even science, just a sideline. Fucking whipped, I have to go to bed.

No comments: