Saturday, June 25, 2011

Something

A noise in the night, a snag falling to the wind or a mouse in the wall, who knows? Another squall, thunder, maybe lightning close to home, something woke me. Not on the clock I get a drink and roll a smoke. Fuck a bunch of politically correct, I can sleep later, I'd rather listen to the blues, late at night, on the radio. I really should invest in better speakers. Going back to Memphis, everything will be all right in the morning. Pretty girl in a small town. I screwed up, Marsea came in with Alma, and I should have dropped everything, and just been with them, but I was unwrapping art and totally involved. Marsea is very California cool, and hot, in ways that seem beyond my simple self, and there's a connection I can't identify. When she leaves, we kiss on the lips, and it seems to signify. I don't know, maybe something is nothing. D and Alma are all over this, like it's a tangible thing, that if she and I connected it would make a kind of sense. Rarely does someone make a point of kissing me on the lips.

No comments: