Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Phoneless

Remnants of Tropical Storm Lee flooding the hollows. I've been coming off the ridge in first gear, four-wheel drive low, but it's still a bit scary. My phone has been out for nearly three days and I couldn't send anything, so there must be a piece backed up on the computer at home. John, the barkeep at the pub said at lunch that I should come by this evening and check out the new help, so I did, came back to the museum to write. All day yesterday cleaning up the main gallery, hauling stuff to the basement, then today, tricked out the articulation for the puppet dolls, moved a few things around, tweaked the lighting. I've a punch list to finish tomorrow, D will be in school, then Friday, before the talk at noon, we'll set the bonnets and the show will be done. Opening Friday evening. You can see some images at SOMACC. Com. Next show in the main gallery is Sara's and opens early November, "Wet Paint", which is artists' depiction of water. I've been looking at some of the images and they're quite striking. Opening a show is hard work, unlike most things you're ever asked to do, more than than once or twice in your life. I'm only good at it because I had good teachers, and always asked, when I don't understand something.

No comments: