Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Placement

Moved paintings around all day and can start hanging tomorrow. Need to move some things out of the gallery, so I may go in early tomorrow to get started on that, and the last two painting should arrive, they were trapped in that east coast snow storm. An enormous amount of wasted packing material, as so many individuals and a few museums use tape that isn't compatible with either the plastic or bubble-wrap they use and we end up having to slice the paintings free. The show looks great, looks wet, which was the idea, and all six of the artists treat water differently. It's a really good concept for a show. We're still up against the wall, on getting it done, because of the lighting. D does the tall ladder work, I can't do it anymore, and he and Sara are a fully functioning team. I just replace bulbs (most of the lights have to change from spots, that we use on 3D pieces, to floods, which we use for paintings) and pass things up and down. I'm positively purple in my praise, when they get it exactly right. At any rate, I don't see the time for them to do that, on D's scheduled two days. TR and I will start hanging tomorrow, no question, but it will take D and I two full days to finish and then he's gone, until the very day of the big fund raiser, which is a preview opening of the show. Mouse trap just went off, and it only mildly shocked me, I knew right away what it was. Fucking field mice want to move inside, and I'm not having it. I set three old-fashioned spring traps, baited with peanut butter, and my yet-to-be-patented mouse drowning device. The five gallon bucket, with a couple inches of water, and a gang-plank, an inch wide piece of wood with peanut butter smeared on the end. I don't know why it works. My dead mouse disposal system is very simple, I just throw them out the back door, something gets them and carries them away. It's green. This isn't the first time I'll be working with someone who reads me, that I'll be writing about in what I think of as 'real time'. Cool experiment in time-factoring. What you thought you meant. Listen, first to the music, the cadence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WITH THE PRICE OF PEANUT BUTTER, YOU MAY HAVE TO FIND A NEW BAIT.