Thursday, October 23, 2014

Broken Silence

Overcast, threat of rain, but tomorrow promises to be nice for hauling firewood. Met TR for lunch, hadn't seen him for a week, and we were catching up on the news when Sara came in. In town for the big museum fund-raiser this Saturday. She wants to have lunch before they go back to Hilton Head. I stopped at Kroger to get what I needed to make pan of Johnny Marzetti. I haven't had this for years and usually just buy it as a boxed meal at a church social. Picked up some ramen and some instant mashed potatoes for the winter larder, both ten for ten dollars, and headed home. No denying that it's fall. The leaves are in banks on the verge. The driveway is completely obscured, it's only because I know where the ruts are that I can drive in and out. Confident, though, that I can deal what's dealt me. Good at banter, mobile enough to avoid a slow rock, and I've always been able to start a fire.

Ill (I'll) but oddly prepared.
In his alembic system,
to accept anything as more
or less true.

No comments: