Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Math Skills

Phone was out last night, fall winds, there must be another post somewhere in limbo. Waiting To Be Sent. Set the show this morning in record time because we did arrange them sequentially and they were all numbered on the back. Turned them around then a few dozen trips around the gallery, then lunch, then James, the board member in charge of the big fund-raiser, came in and bent my ear. By the time I got around to hanging art my math skills weren't functioning. D and I need to have a major day tomorrow. I got a few pieces hung and marks on the walls for a few more, but after four o'clock we try to not hang anything, unless we're desperate and under the gun. Too many mistakes happen. What we call forced human error. I find Eli's number and give him a call, offer him the place for a price. I guess I'm serious about this. Last year's broken toe has healed badly (is that possible?) and walking isn't quite the same. A little painful when I ask too much of my left foot. Fucking damage is beginning to show. Move to town, get a bicycle and a shopping cart, something to hold me up. I could limp around for a few years. Don't rule me out. I very much want to write a book about Janitor College. I don't know what form it would take. Mostly my math skills come from notched sticks that record lunations. I do simple math really well; occasionally I venture into the unknown, where there might be two or even three unknowns at a specific place. Writing is difficult. The next thing you were going to say. I read minds, it's a sideline., was that I had guessed correctly. Of course, when you're in the groove. Everything is perfect and you're right, I'm way stupid and my hearing is bad, but I still sense things.

No comments: