Saturday, January 29, 2011

Progress

The new generation of primers are quite impressive. They seem thin, light on the solids, their coverage seems incomplete, but they lay down a film that takes paint well and often allow for a single top coat. Some things have gotten better. I get one of the drop ceilings upstairs painted, and after D finishes his graphic design project, the announcement card with list of themed events for the big show downstairs, he fills some damaged areas in the other ceiling that I had scraped and primed. Some work on the back stair-well ceiling. During a coffee break, in what you might call the archival catalog, I find a box and the buffered tissue we need to store the new Carter drawings, D orders what we need so I can store them safely away. A well-oiled machine. A beer after work. Talk with my sister and things are stable in Florida. Talk with my mechanic and he can finally get to my truck. Do laundry and get back to the ridge tomorrow, then drop off the truck and get back to town on Monday, without a vehicle (D will meet me at Dave's and drive me in), which is fine, because I have nowhere to go and many walls to paint. I'll make a crock-pot of something. Above freezing today, most of the snow melted, and there are a few places that are almost dry. Not even February yet. The real mud season is yet to come. I seem to have agreed to make croquettes for the opening. What was I thinking?

No comments: