Monday, January 3, 2011

Running Around

Busy week ahead, and D's back in Athens except for Friday and Saturday. I'll have to start working Saturdays for us to have a shot at getting everything on the list, and the things not yet on the list, all done in the four weeks we have for Preventive Maintenance. A week of that painting. Then two more weeks to install new shows. I take down two small shows this week. Everything set for doing the floors this upcoming Friday and Saturday. Enough mopping to purge my soul. I'll have to wear gloves to do this much mopping, so I've modified a pair of the gallery cotton gloves, which we're not to use for handling art anymore because it's the very little nubbles that make them such good gallery gloves, that are non-archival, and therefor a no-no. Someone is out there, inventing an archival nubble. By modified I mean I've cut off the fingers. Be prepared. I've haven't been doing enough mopping to keep my callouses firm and I do hate a blister on the palm of my hand. When I mop a lot, I keep a goodly callous in the valley between thumb and first finger on my right hand and another on the rising ridge of flesh before the fingers on the left. But then I suppose any place is a bad place to get a blister. I got the word right out on the Janitor Net, about turning the last generation of gallery gloves into mopping gloves with the Bridwell Adaption and WON, get this, some award, for my stirring prose, encouraging the gloves be recycled one last time, before they were composted, nubbles and all. Nubbles might hold water. They might be a good addition to soil. And the prize, knowing me as they do, was a virgin 32 ounce Fantail Loop, in a lovely small hand-stitched pillowcase. Perfect for travel. Compact. A decent weapon if you find yourself being attached while sleeping. Met with Anthony and D for lunch, leftover Meat Pie at the pub for half-price. Talked about installation art. I want to do a show of vacuum-formed plastic sheets that reproduce the detritus in eddies. Call it "Ohio Eddies", introduce that fecund salt smell, get Barnhart to do a ten-minute sound loop. Anthony can get me access to a vacuum-form machine. I think I might start casting. The uniform-sized formed sheets would hang from some kind of grid-work. We 'd need some artificial wind. Nothing that can't be done.I walk all over town, my footprints are everywhere, as a rule, I contaminate any scene. But my intent is to never confuse anything. I'm not mean I, I don't know how to be. I thought I might be a closet critic.

No comments: