Thursday, September 20, 2012

Simple Confusion

Started taking down the Carter portraits for the main gallery Portrait Show, and have to rehang the space with other Carters. Ended up taking down most of the other work too, because D declared, correctly, that all of the walls (five) that were Cubist Gray needed painting. They all have marks left by the painter's tape we use to hold up labels. It never used to leave a mark. As with our packing tape, they clearly have changed the adhesive and the tapes no longer function the way they're supposed to. Maddening. A lot of painting tomorrow. I prepped the surfaces this afternoon, and they were in pretty bad shape. I won't have time to scratch my ass between now and October the 12th, so I need to stock the house with food I can prepare quickly or I won't eat enough, and I really can't afford to lose any more weight. This came to my attention when I had to punch a new hole in my belt to hold my britches up. I was born without a waist, so I'm essentially a skinny cylinder. A little over six feet tall, I've weighed plus or minus 142 pounds since the 11th grade and now I'm down to 130. When I tell people I'm trying to gain weight, they roll their eyes, but I actually bought ten four-serving packages of the Or-Ida Baby Red mashed potatoes (ten for ten dollars) so I could just eat something without chewing. It's the chewing that's bothersome. I weary of it. Also bought some thick sliced roast beef, several different cheeses, pickled peppers, and an assortment of olives. My proclivities. I need to eat more rather than less, and I figure that a loaded cracker can only help the cause. On a saltine, I stack a slice of roast beef, a slice of cheese, a smear of horseradish sauce, a slice of pickled jalapeno pepper, and a cured black olive. I make eight or ten of these, and line them up on the island. Every time I get up for whatever reason, I eat one. Chuck, at the hardware store, recommended that I drink a milkshake at every meal. He speaks with some authority as he has the opposite problem. Clearly he's had a milkshake at every meal. I don't understand fat people, what part of their diet they don't understand. The projection is that by 1230, 60 percent of Americans will be over weight, becomes the norm.

No comments: