Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday Chores

Library, laundry, and liquor. Incidental foodstuff. I go the library first, so I'll have a book to read; mostly, though, I watch the people at the laundromat, listen to their lines of talk. A terrible mother today, with a boy-child between two and three years old, and she yelled at him constantly, finally strapped him into a stroller, so he wouldn't be running over to look out the door, at the world outside. I helped a young Mexican mom fold her sheets. She was shocked that I knew what I was doing. I told her I lived alone and had to deal with my own sheets; that it was an awkward task for one person but simple for two. Julie was at the desk, TR was staff at the museum, and I stopped in for a chat, discussing the post-D future. Went over to the pub to have a beer and watch soccer for a while. I'd much rather watch soccer than football. I realize I don't have an agenda. The last three weeks I've just helped D get the things done that he wanted to get done. I need to clean house for a week, then I have to take down the print show, and I have two shows to install next month. One of them is huge, the ODC show, Ohio Designer Craftsman, usually (we do the show every other year) it's at least 50% 3D pieces. It's always a challenge. Tall things in blown glass or carved stone pieces that are very heavy. Cool, I think privately, because when I'm installing a show, no one messes with me. I need some time away, a road trip or something. I'm tired and sore and don't want to communicate with certain people. Best if I just stretch a tarp over a tree-tip pit and hunker down. Eat, sleep, read. Fill your time with whatever you do. I'm almost depressed by this whole D leaving thing, I mean they didn't even buy him a cupcake, much less a gold watch. Unforgivable behavior. But who am I to judge? What moral bridge? Just another ass hole, truth be told, convinced that my way was the right way. We're so arrogant. We should be lined up against a wall and shot. I don't like us, we blew our chance. Still, a few morels, through the litter; those lovely miniature purple iris, maybe the most beautiful flower I've ever seen; and blackberry canes, pregnant with fruit. The natural world seems intact. Brittle, but intact. Maybe you should just go with the flow. Same sex marriage isn't a bad thing, love is where you find it.

No comments: