Friday, October 18, 2013

Halloween Show

Pegi opens her show tonight, so I spent a good part of the day getting ready for that. Two weekends, twelve performances. At the end of two weeks the place will be trashed and it'll be time to start preparing for the big lavish fundraiser. Then my talk at the museum, then the girls will be here, and I have to clean the stovepipe and muck out the outhouse before that. I'll try and do both of those chores in one day and get a motel room that night. A great lunch today, at the pub, the lunch itself was fine, a tuna sandwich and potato salad, but I was actually sitting, at the bar between John Hogan, himself, and Michael Barnhart, the music guy, and the conversation was lively. TR and Barnhart are up to some shenanigans concerning musical gloves, or musical fingertips, or something. I can barely understand what they're talking about. But it does sound cool. And they've enlisted an entire engineering class into fabricating what they need, got some money to buy the various electronic components, and have this project under way. The new bridge was open this afternoon, they did pour the bed and they must have asphalted the approaches yesterday. Three weeks ahead of schedule. I couldn't believe it, I just stopped and looked at for a few minutes. It falls into that new generation of bridges, that don't really look like bridges at all, just an extension of the road, with guard-rails. But it provides the closest connection to my ridge, and I am one happy camper, to be that much closer to home. First frost maybe Monday. It'll roll off the ridge, but I have to be aware of black ice in the hollows. Driving becomes treacherous. I'm leaning toward staying home, most of the time; if I don't go out, I don't spend any money. I've been doing the math on this for weeks, and it always comes back the same. I could leave this world tomorrow.

No comments: