Friday, May 19, 2017

Predatory Lending

Dealing with debt. You can borrow $134,500 to get an undergraduate degree, and they've got you by the short hairs then. You're granted a cubicle and a house in the suburbs. Insider trading, because you're locked into the system. We could dance around the word slavery. You couldn't possibly be a slave if you have a summer cabin in the mountains, two jet-skies, a camper, a Bass boat with a foot controlled electric trolling motor, a Dodge Ram, all the trappings. Yet, of course. Young grape leaves don't need blanching, I made a batch of stuffed leaves, rice, chorizo, and caramelized onions, braised/steamed in white wine, that was exceptional. Use sticky rice, with a browned butter sauce. Even hardened poets weep. Later, I was rereading some vegetable recipes, and my thoughts were turned to grilling, because it's too warm to build a fire inside. I need a new grill, something I can set-up right outside the back door. In the past, I've usually fabricated grills out of found objects, sinks and refrigerator shelves, and I've built a few out of rock. I left a great grill in Colorado. I don't want to build another one, though I will if I need to, but I've seen a couple of Korean and Chinese units that could fill the bill. Plain Jane efficient wood/charcoal burners. To cook a brisket, you need 250 degrees for twenty hours, you need to be able to stoke the fire without moving the meat, you need to be able to control the air flow. And you have to stay awake, mostly. Also, I need to be able to roast vegetables off the heat, so the unit needs to be rectangular, to provide the space. Also, I have to get a drip pan below the meat because drippings are important to me. What we might call minimum design criteria. Desire paths indicate where we actually go: the outhouse, the garden, the woodshed. It only falls to reason. The Attach Of The Luna Moths, a short film I'd been working on for many years, was leaked to the press, and they seemed to think it was a metaphor. God bless their hearts.

No comments: