Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fetishism

Non-living objects (fetishes) used for sexual purposes. I probably read too much. Saw a pair of shoes today, the feet were also nice but don't qualify, exactly, they would be an Atypical Paraphilia; checking in some art, and I tend to notice things, look down. This woman, attractive in a severe way, straight nose, high, distinct, zygomatic arches, minimal make-up, nice scent, an iris white smell that lingered when she moved away. Her toe-nails were painted black. I felt a certain frisson, a tightening in my chest. She wasn't beautiful but she was really sexy. Pheromones, I know, but in the moment it was a kind of bliss. My ex-wife had wonderful feet and knew way too much about shoes, she could play me like a violin. I'm an easy mark, if you can get close to me. But I protect the perimeter, hold my boundaries, try not to let what I need become what I expect. Great shoes though, they would have won the "Fuck Me" award, hands down, but an alarm went off, in my head, and I just made a note. I didn't close the deal because there is no reason. I don't want to live with anybody, I like my arrangements, I'm comfortable alone. I know it's a lot like a solitary bunch of oats, growing in a sandbar on the Colorado, but there it is, the best I can do.

No comments: