Thursday, November 5, 2009

More Mice

Four in the pail, two in the traps, a bumper year. Unlike Farley, I won't eat them. Aralee pointed out, correctly, that if there was only one, then it was criterion. Hung photographs in the small gallery today, Sara's bank portion of the show. Did labels, installed labels, ran errands, cleaned, put out the trash. Damn, I just remembered, there's another post trapped in here somewhere, the phone went dead before I could Send last night. Another charred dead oak on Mackletree, which I saw on my way to work, took the line out. Crew there said it would be restored by 8 tonight, love that overtime. Cold house, but a quick hot fire with very dry Wrack Wood settles that, while I eat an extra lunch they got today, for someone who wasn't there. I'd already eaten lunch. It was a Philly Cheese that they call something else here. Quite good and something completely unexpected, I thought I was going to eat a small steak and mashed potatoes (which I need to cook the crab cakes again) and find myself eating a huge sandwich, sitting at the island, reading a book about omelets. There's a skink on the counter, across from me, and I have my anti-skink device, a ball of dense foam, which same I can throw hard almost anywhere in the house. Usually doesn't kill them and if it does it isn't as bad a mess as when you use a book. I think it's just going to the sink for a drink of water: awakened from reptilian slumber, by the sudden heat, awoke thirsty. Or Thusly:

Awakened from reptilian
slumber, by the sudden
heat, awoke thirsty.

Emily might say that, she'll say anything, Sappho certainly would, and even the erotic charge, I would say, though in very different ways, is about equal in the two of them. I remember some of what I was talking about last night, because it concerned Emily too, and I wonder, briefly, about obsession, where that might play as a character trait. Would this be a completely, must consider my words here, a completely intellectual film, or would there be some tension? My first take is that I prefer the former. I was a student of Levi-Strauss, not that I'd ever met the man, but I read every word of his, translated into English. Learn something well, that's what we learned in theater, and it will serve you, into the future.

No comments: