Monday, August 1, 2011

Another Hot One

Knew I would just read, and have to run the AC after noon. So I cleaned up, cleared out, and went in to the museum, where the AC is free and I could watch a movie on Hulu. A documentary about custodians, "The Philosopher Kings", pretty good, they nail the class-distinction thing, and there's a good mopping sequence where the guy uses a very straight left and right pattern that we always called The Mason. Requires a certain strength, to whip the mop back into line. I always liked The Modified Chevron, because it allowed the weight of the mop-head to start the next stroke. Stayed until five, reading a Sandford novel. He's a good writer. I walked over to Kroger, got some sushi, some juice, and some cream. Put it in the fridge at the museum, because I wanted to go over to the pub for a beer, I know their schedule, and I figured either Barb or John would be there, and I felt like chatting, after a day of reading. D gave me the vinyl comma from the signage, because he broke the line and felt it was no longer necessary. So I have this large vinyl comma, attached to the end of my left index finger, Clay takes one look and says he thought it was an apostrophe. That's why your whatever sees things that are probably not there. Interesting. I don't make any sense at all. But it is curious.

No comments: