Sunday, July 31, 2011

Zoning Out

Don't know what it is, a propensity to drift off. I just spent over an hour in a reverie, designing a roof and ceiling system in my head. It looked really good, by the time I was done with it. I build things in my head all the time, it engages me. Building this house, without a set of plans, was a wonderful experience, because I had to be hyper-aware of everything I was doing. I wrote about that, but it was stolen. Why anyone would steal from me is a mystery. I'm down to books and a really nice staircase. I keep a ladder under the house, in case they steal the staircase. The books are just too cumbersome to steal, there probably aren't that many people in the county that would know what books to take. You probably can't imagine, there are piles of books everywhere. I live in a sea of printed matter. I'm a dinosaur, I need hard copy. One place in the house, you can hear everything, is the girl's room. A freak acoustical event. But sound collects there. I don't even know what happens, I'm looking for the rule. I just go to sleep, my answer to most questions.

No comments: