Monday, January 14, 2013

Editing

Text. Reading text all day. I have an enormous amount of text, thousands of pages. When I get the new computer, I have to learn how to do word searches. What Glenn did for the janitor material actually makes a book possible. There are several of those books embedded in the text. The fox book, the frog book, the cook book, the getting through the winter book, the driveway book. I need to get busy, but I'm older, and I require time, more time, to just think about things, and write what I manage to write. Working outside, which I need to do until I topple, and my usual reading and writing, take all of my time; but with the right software and a decent printer, I think I could edit out some books. There's probably a Carter book in there. I may have already written a Carter book, I just didn't know it. Thank god. I had tried to warn myself ahead, left notes and clues, but I still knew I would try and write a Carter book, with it's myriad failures. I'm not a scholar, I pretend to a high-school education; when they took me out, the third time, to repeat the fourth demand, that you'd set up a squall if it was demanded. We're clear on this? You didn't leave any fingerprints, I know how careful you are. I'm clear on this, I didn't leave any fingerprints either. I'm careful about that.

No comments: