Friday, June 23, 2017

Almost Funny

I had to laugh, listening to the news, Jared holding court. Trump and more bullshit than is to be believed, and I assume a certain amount. I've been listening to quite a few of our elected officials recently and they don't make any sense. I shouldn't be surprised. Learn to weld, at least it'll pay the bills. I roasted some Brussels sprouts and onions in the toaster oven, then separated the leaves of the sprouts and made an excellent sauce for fresh egg noodles. I'm currently using wild caught rolled anchovies with capers in olive oil and salt in almost everything. Even something as simple as beans on toast. Another day reading the Henley, I'd marked about 50 things I wanted to go back and study. Before the first world war, everything was done in house. There was an absolute fixation on getting out stains. I don't want to get into this, but I already have way too much information about getting rid of particular stains. I could do a call-in show, No Stain, No Gain, but that seems like a stretch. A serious quiet descends on the ridge, no wind, no bugs, no birds, rain moving in, for sure. The usual preparations, clean a bucket to harvest water, get out my head lamp, save everything, make a small pot of beans, cook some rice. Reading about a kind of transfer printing from 1900 and I want to try it. The Hectograph. A gelatin pad on which you make copies. The original must be writ in aniline dye, but you can actually pull 50 copies. Amazing. I'd never heard of the process before. I spend the rest of the afternoon reading about gelatine and hide glue.

No comments: