Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lunch Fragments

I have placed my life on hold, actually did a couple of months ago. This Show is all consuming. Art Talk about the "Distilled" show, many people, great speakers (Nick and Lane), a genuine buzz. People can call ahead and book a boxed lunch, so after the event I went through all the boxes, to collect duck and goose food, stopped at B's briefly, to tell him I had some boiled linseed oil (for the Praxiteles) then stopped at the lake to feed birds. I'm very popular with the birds. Way to work this morning, an interesting phenomenon, at the confluence of the Scioto and the Ohio, the entry-flow (probably a word for this) from the Scioto was absolutely visible, as a line, talk about defining something, because the colder water of the Scioto was not steaming (releasing heat, whatever the word) and the Ohio was. Nearly caused a wreck on the Second Street Bridge because I had to stop; drove down below the floodwall and got closer. It was a very sharp line for over a hundred yards, then merged into nothingness. D was talking about something and I realized what he was describing was what I refer to, in my thinking, as Pattern Recognition: see the pampas grass dipping, know it's the birds, see the birds. The thought process itself is suspect. What I meant to tell you, was that I pulled enough ham and cheese from the garbage to make a great omelet. Just a point of fact, not a point, I wasn't making one, I just saw this omelet, in my mind, and there was this ham and cheese, and I was feeding it to ducks, and I thought, fuck, I have to eat too. I'm not making a point here about eating garbage, I don't think we should, I'm just saying I did. I have to be honest, that's the rule. The last 15 minutes at the museum today was important, we laughed and spoke freely, you know what I mean, the four of us plotting the future, I see this as clear as day, what's happening: these shows, "Distilled" and "Wrack" move the line, redefine space, what we can do, what is done, a challenge I embrace. Lane used the magic words today, being engaged. Yes. Whatever we can do. I want all of Nick's painting to sell, for him to realize how good he is. We all need feed-back, believe me, none of us do something for nothing, there's always a pay-back somewhere, a certain reciprocity.You and me, babe. I trust a very small group of readers, you are it, for better or worse, I trust your opinion. There were three crows dining on a road-kill squirrel, should I make anything of that? you're call, I don't trust myself. The third crow just hopped away, never flew, did that mean something?

Tom

Could you avoid me so easily. I think not, I'm on top of this. I move many moves ahead, I've been there, done that, played chess with masters and the result is always close: you beat me because I'm impetuous. I love where we haven't gone. The mire, the mix, whatever you call it. Been there, done that. Right. You and me, we see this the same, something unfurling, whatever it is.

No comments: