Sunday, January 18, 2009

House Bound

Should have gotten out more but it was snowing all day. Did hike out to the graveyard knowing the small light flakes would define the graves; they did, it was pristine. Pretty sure the fox den is out that way, looking at sign. She got a vole or mouse and I followed her tracks, the startling occasional red blood drip (bright red, like a Pileated Comb, punctuating the whiteness), until it went under a tangle of green-briar and blackberry canes and I couldn't follow without a Bob Cat. The left-over instant mashed potato pancakes were like large thick potato chips. They need leavening, anything, grated zucchini, bread crumbs, reconstituted salt-cod, certainly some onion. I'll work on this, because anything that can be eaten with maple syrup is fine in my book. And I need a new breakfast food: tired of drinking protein, banana, yogurt, juice things. This has real possibilities, infinite substitution; grated vegetables and cheap fish, a couple in the morning would probably keep you going. Sometime, during the day, I do a little dance around the island, I know it's time to start writing you. This is my perk. They let me speak my piece, as long as it's in this format. I just wrap the lines, my job, what I do; I type with two fingers and hope for the best. It's the correct speed for me, just , about the speed my mind works, two fingers in real time. I never could trust my thumb. Always wanting to rub something. This is really about you, it isn't about me at all. They're using me to get at you. It's too late to declare trust, but we could talk. I might talk you out of killing me, Ralph said I could, but I never tried. Pleading for your life, what would you do? I don't know. Almost anything probably. Say you were saving one of your kids and had to make a split-second decision, which way you think you'd lead? I don't do sports but I see where you're going. Throw the fight and get on with your life, but you know I can't do that. It's become an issue. I'd never throw a fight, even if I knew it was a lost cause.

No comments: