Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What?

What are they doing? What are they doing anyway? Wish I could play the guitar. Anything to make a noise. Never happened, I'm out the door. Hot Tuna, fish in the sea. Hesitation Blues. Let's talk it over one more time. Please don't go. One more time. It's Cassidy on the base. Oscillation Blues. As long as I'm in this world. I doubt everything, my nature. Pretty sure this area is burned, it's mostly black. The ash lays like a blanket. I lost a beautiful page I was building like a brick wall. Out of nowhere, the sky was a uniform white, everything else was green. Power is out for hours, all I can do is read. Finally quickly open the fridge door and get a few cubes, for an early drink, roll a smoke, toke and watch the world outside my windows. Read myself, make a few changes, realize the word logorrhea contains my younger daughter's name, conceive a sign:

NO
LOGORRHEA
HERE

I have resources, with a phone I could build a bridge, it's straight engineering, right? I could carry that load. I know the dance. You don't want to take responsibility, I can see it in your eyes. Not my kid, no way. We joke, then I break your nose. I can't not, it was so prominent. I forget your Boston ways. Hey, I'm actually your friend. The power is out for hours. I eat a cold can of beans. Thunder shakes the house, lightning strikes the opposite ridge, a blast that blinds me and starts a fire that is put out immediately by torrential rains. Nothing like severe weather to take you out of yourself. At the laundromat yesterday, all the people were ugly and fat, some of the women, in particular, had body parts that I couldn't identify; with the men it was mostly extended bellies but some of the women had vast reaches I'd never seen before, areas to the side that had blossomed into confirmed existence. Thighs that weighed more than me. I felt puny, string bean, wished I could gain weight, but I worry too much and skip meals to write.The moon breaks through some clouds, a lovely thing, like one of those black paper cut-outs, sharply defined leaves from what I know is a poplar tree and an opening in the overcast. All day the sky was white, illuminated from above, evenly bright and strange. The green was so intense that several times I cried. We were never meant to experience this color. There's the usual shit, red, blue, green; then this violent explosion. Purple. I was shocked. I didn't know that color existed. Realign my color chart. I don't need to write when the power goes out, I just need to remember. What I thought I saw.

No comments: