Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reading Criticism

Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:53 PM
Getting to be old hat, something wakes me, I go outside to pee, then mix a juice, currently, a mixture of cranberry and orange, pineapple and grape, which is very good. It's the fruit sugars, I think, that get me going. Maybe it was just a dream. I thought I heard something. Doesn't matter. Supposed to get much cooler, so I start a small fire and heat enough water to wash my hair and take a sponge bath. Cold rain and snow looms. I wonder can I weather another winter. Dolly Parton has a great voice. Sopranos seem to depend on vibrato. I punch PLAY and am overwhelmed by the fifth cello suite, more my style. Bach is my default. I don't know what the rest of you do in this situation, but I scramble some eggs and listen to one of the Suites. If it's late enough I make a double espresso, go ahead and start the next day. Church bells will ring. Apple blossom time. Is Columbus Day still a holiday? The banks are closed. What does that say? I'm reading a book of critical theory and it doesn't make much sense. A cobbled world. The world is round. Christopher Columbus. Searching for America. What does Dylan say, the world is mostly round.

No comments: