Monday, October 11, 2010

Remembering

What have they done with the fantastic wooly bear and what have they done with brother? All of Ferlinghetti committed to memory. You might read Skip Fox. He's even better, maybe the best, sends chills up my spine. I read a few poems every day, to get the blood flowing. Skip or Steven Ellis usually, because I'm used to their voices. I read Emily almost every day, a letter with an embedded poem. Even the physical world pales. She's so far out on the edge.

"The life we have is very great.
The life that we should see..."

I don't even try to make sense anymore. So old school. Sense is a matter of time. Scrambled eggs. What is emerges, Venus on a half-shell. Bach, again, the fifth cello suite, what can you say? It really doesn't get any better than this. Just saying.

No comments: