Monday, January 9, 2012

Walking In

The most important thing is to stay focused. Relative safety, and all that. I forget the number of art works I've shipped, it's a large number, probably in the hundreds, no wonder I can't keep track, who's counting anyway. After a while you're jaded and a painting by Bellows or Whistler is just another object worth a lot of money, to someone, somewhere. The world on a string, sitting on a rainbow; I wouldn't bet against Tebow, he seems to have a lock with the gods. Brady, on the other hand, sleeps with a goddess, so it's anyone's guess. I assume Eli can't beat the Packers, but I only watch the highlights and don't understand contact sports. Nice drive in this morning, had to stop on Mackletree for a convention of turkeys to cross the road; they were headed for the clear-cut, to work the mast. Had to be at work early because I knew the art shippers (Brian, crazy Irishman with braids in his beard) would want to be in and out quickly. Waited a couple of hours. TR was there, and when they showed up, Brian had a helper, we had them unloaded and re-loaded in fifteen minutes. Late lunch and a beer at the pub, went back to the museum and watched an episode of "Unforgettable". I like the show, and Carrie Wells is hot. Got back home, drove in (supplies tomorrow), got a fire started before sunset, read The New Yorker from cover to cover, fixed an open face roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. Stayed seated at the island and thought about things. Full moon tonight and the sky is clear. My truck is dying and I need to get a cell phone for when I get stranded. Yes, the pieces for the Folk Art show were hardly wrapped at all, and we will have to devise packing. I need an occasional relationship, someone I'd see just once in a while, I'd do all the cooking. Wondering who'll find me when I'm dead, especially if I continue to live this way, as remote as possible and barely connected. I'd be stinky dead by the time someone found me, probably D, coming out to see why I hadn't reported in. Lists take many forms. My calves are sore, from hiking in, a muscle group in my lower back, and my feet are sore, from standing on the tile floor.

No comments: