Monday, June 23, 2014

Sore Muscles

I haven't dug in a while. We agreed to take it slowly, an hour a day, in the early morning. Today's task was digging out the catchment at the top culvert. It was completely silted-in. Remove the fines and spread them on the driveway. We didn't talk much, saving our breath. I needed whiskey, so after a second cup of coffee I went into town, then right back home and read an early Richard Russo novel I had missed, "Straight Man". Had to take an Aleve and read on the sofa. Couldn't face cooking, so I just had beans on toast. Sorting electronic mail. My editor emailed and wants to see the "Janitor College" manuscript, which, of course, isn't finished. The equipage issue. First off I need a copy of it here, and they told me I can get my old computer from work. Then that project can be completed rather quickly, at least as I currently hold it in my head. Buried in a sea of paper. I lost the list of words I wanted a soprano to sing, and I just started it Saturday. Massive storm front moving through, I have to go.

No comments: