Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Logistics

Just lost a page, my back-up battery must be dead, fucking machinery, and the page was about why I hadn't left yet. I should be on the road, taking a shower in a motel in South Carolina or Georgia, but a catastrophic stove-pipe failure required my attention. Called B right away, I needed his help specifically, because he is the only person I know that knows more about stoves than me. There is a fundamental problem, I solved it, ten years ago, in a way that lasted ten years. Not bad, still, it fails now. The problem is that both of the rigid ends, the stove, and the through-the-ceiling kit, require male fittings. The through-the-ceiling thing should accept a female end, for the system to work, but it doesn't. We field modify the piece, make a note to come back with furnace cement. My timing is screwed, for spending some time in the marshes, maybe on the way back. Hard-pressed, now, to get to the airport on time. I hate schedules. They distort things. Talked with my brother in Florida and the back-up plan is in place. I don't know where I'll be tomorrow night. I have my kit together. I'd like to take a shower somewhere. I haven't taken a shower in a long time. I hope to be south of the weather. I don't trust myself, what I think I write. I mean nothing. Hey, I'm just along for the ride.

No comments: