Wednesday, March 4, 2009

White, Black

Glenn can hook up my new printer so I can keep track of myself. Couldn't talk today, otherwise fine, just my throat didn't work. A kind of croak. I liked the tone. Barnhart, you are supposed to make music on the 1st, they're expecting it, whatever that water music you sent Glenn, you did send it, didn't you? D had a wonderful idea today, but I don't think I can do it. Concluding event for the Wrack Show could be to release all the balls into the whirlpool eddy off the tip of the jetty. Maybe I could do it. I love the balls, it's a collection, for god's sake. But in line with cutting down on possessions, maybe. Don't know what I'm going to do with them if I bring them home. Fucking dirty ball collection. I could wire together one of those large tomato cages they use to hold balls at Wal-Mart, put it in a corner of the studio, thereby loosing space I don't have. If I put one of those outside I'd have to anchor it in concrete. Man Killed By Flying Ball Cage; and the balls, a couple of weeks ago, that wind storm, would have been double-ought buck shot. Most of the river sticks, I'll burn in the cookstove. I've collected and dried enough wrack to cook the reunion meal, seemed only fitting. I rarely cook for six, I like cooking for four, I understand the amounts, I don't have to think, but this menu, I can only serve two people at a time. Should be interesting. My favorite people in the world, if only B and Sarah could join us, that would make eight, but B would help me cook. I don't even have eight plates. If you eat off someone else's plate, does it have to be washed first? I don't know the rule on this. Yes, if they licked it? Linda will know what to do. I spent the day turning white walls black. I'm good at this. A certain attention is required but there's a lot of time to think about things, a perfect zen task. Mind. Not mind. Way early to town, walked down, got the truck, brought it up, unloaded the wrack, got my kit and out the door; so I went below the floodwall and gathered more wrack, time to kill, and watched this amazing riverboat thing. There's a wide bend, west of the Perkins Bridge, where tows might linger or barges pass, and we've often seen tows going upstream pull aside for tows going downstream, must be harder to control, sliding downstream, but today, a tow pulled aside for another to pass. Tow and push become problematic. I never trusted those guys. Knowing what I know, I'm willing to cycle back to zero. You are who, exactly? Could I see your badge? Do you have a badge? I'm pretty sure I saw a badge. I think I'm sick but I'm sick so seldom I don't know. D says I look bad, Pegi says I sound bad, I feel a little off kilter, but it could just be a flashback or something I ate. I feel fine, I just sound strange. Maybe I've caught a frog disease. I knew I should wear gloves, but I wanted to touch without mediation, otherwise I couldn't actually feel. I change the color of the walls, it's not a big deal. A trick of light or an illusion, I have a bag of props; a little make-up and a wig, I could be someone different. I can't afford to be sick, can't afford to slip and fall. Everything seems a bit close. It's like pulling teeth, sometimes, to get waited on. When you're in Jim's section, service is a joke. He does what he will and you eat what he orders. Either that or you switch plates.

No comments: