Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Successfully Home

Way too much to break down in the time remaining, as I must also sleep before tomorrow, but one of those over-filled days that makes you grin to be alive. Started early and finished late. Rock and roll. A raft of Carter 'Artist Proof' prints, that I didn't know we had, that need to be stored in a better way, which we accomplish before setting up the equipage to watch the Wrack film at noon. The movie, I think is great, wishing only that The Tallahassee Lasher had been caught in action, but his work was, the bindings that tied everything together, and it is in our work that we're remembered. Enough, perhaps, that they understand I tied a single knot, and thereby a ship was saved. Questions and answers. Then a quick lunch before starting to prepare dinner. Again, D and I are a perfect team, I expound theory and he handles the mechanics, keeping the grill lit in roof-top wind gusts: I know how I want to cook these ribs, but I don't know if it's possible. As it turns out it is possible and the ribs and sauce are very good indeed, not an act of nature, but simply an act of planning. I defer to anyone.

No comments: