Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Forgot

What I meant to say. It was an entirely different thing. I got side-tracked before I started. There were a bunch of imported, dried mushrooms, Porcini, great mushrooms, I've used then to make risotto before and love the texture and the taste. This was at Kroger. There were like a dozen packages and they were priced at $1.99. Should have been $11.99 probably. I bought them all. My winter's supply of dried mushrooms. I reconstitute a batch tonight, fried them in butter, then caramelized an onion. Saved some of the mushroom water, added it to the skillet, after cooking the onions and mushrooms in the same skillet, reduced to thicken, piled it all on a thick slab (oh trencher) of toast. I recommend this meal. I ate both halves of a smallish avocado with it. It was so simple, and so good. There's a 10 pound box of French farm-raised frog legs in the frozen food case they reserve for oddities. I often find things there, sweetbreads, other body parts of various animals. It's $20 but it would be my winter's supply of frog legs. We all have our priorities. I sorted hardware today, thinking about hanging the next two shows, all wall, 2D stuff, I need to gear for that. And I need to get serious about firewood. I have another winter here, no matter what I decide. But, I could do a winter in a goose suit. I could, actually, burn the chairs, so there was less stuff to move, burn everything but my desk, I'm not even attached to my desk, really. Drawers are a dime a dozen. I almost remembered what I had forgotten earlier, but then I forget it again. Fucking reality is starting to sink in, whatever you're thinking doesn't lift you from the morass, those French guys were right, correct, it's an uphill battle and then you die. I'd love to believe in something, but it isn't happening for me. The believability quotient is low. You and your insidious inroads.

No comments: