Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Schedule

Counting today, if I work 10 days in a row, I figure to keep things under control, then a couple of days off, then another push. Stripped hardware, patched and repaired the upstairs galleries, at the end of the day I sanded, ready for paint. Interrupted just once, by the roofer guys that one of the board members had sent over to check our EPDM membrane roof. The good news is it's ok for a few more years, it does need some 'cosmetic' work, which should just be a few hundred dollars, but a new roof would cost 40K. I get into a nice space, taking care of the galleries, no one bothers me, because they don't know how to do the things I'm doing, and they don't want to know how. Taking off the vinyl signage today, I was giving a little lecture (to myself) on glue types and vinyl thickness, when the ever vivacious Naturalist from the state forest came in. It was her mother who had bought Bear's daughter Kara's very good stippled drawing from the high school show. I had several questions that I'd meant to ask her, the next time I saw her, but I was in my patch-and-fill mode and kind of zoned out. I'd stashed Kara's drawing in Sara's office, and when I went in to get it, I was shocked, I'd forgotten TR and I had spent some time cleaning out the space, it actually looked like an office again, and not like a store-room. Art work tends to end up in Sara's office, it's a natural flow, either toward or against accessioning. There are other places that I could use, but her office is convenient, now that I'm at that end of the hall, and she and Clay are away for six months of the year.

No comments: