Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cleaning Mode

Finished installing the high-school (from the residency) show. Brought up two pedestals and a topper to build a display for the book, which is a bunch of folded pages, glued together, that opens out to a large oval (three feet by four feet) and has lots of pop-ups. Cleaned out the gallery. Signage and labels tomorrow, and set-up for the big fund-raiser on Friday. Museum After Hours on Saturday. Took three University classes through the galleries today, brushing up on my line of talk. I suspect tomorrow and Friday will be hell, and I'm just about all the way out there, fully extended. Pegi must have sensed that, because she and TR mopped the main gallery and back hallway. They're neither of them very good at mopping, but I'm grateful for their help. D saved and opened a working file for me, for the Janitor College book. I'm just at the stage where I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to work with that material. Read a few pages and laughed so hard I cried. Linda had some good titles, but I don't remember any of them. Spent thirty minutes thinking about the difference between this and that, reheated some dinner. In that last movement, when Zach is throwing the lentils, it all comes together. A strange show, but meaningful nonetheless. Meaning becomes the issue. I love the cadence of it, so brilliantly played. Neil, from the college across the way, loved the nuance, and we can provide that in spades.

No comments: