Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Refugium

All is not lost. Not easily offended. Retreat to the ridge. Finally bought one of the new generation infra-red heaters, see if it makes life any warmer. Next week-end I need to spend on firewood. Hopelessly behind. Emily and sundry things intervened, and I tend to let things slide. More so, recently, reading the Janitor College WIP (which I might call "Modified Chevron") and trying to keep up to speed on everything else. I missed some tells, the lovely lady from DC was flirting with me, and I probably could have kept her at the museum for a few hours, talking, drinking a bottle of wine. I do love conversation. But I was fixated on getting home. Bought a bag of frozen meatballs, some Paul Newman spaghetti sauce, and a package of fresh egg noodles. With a couple of pieces of Texas Toast, this is surprisingly good. It's important that I eat, and if I have something like that around, or one of those frozen Thai meals (they're great), I'm more likely to stop, read for thirty minutes, and ingest something. I think I'll make a navy bean and ham soup next week-end. With corn bread sticks and slaw on the side. Sounds good. I need to assemble some ingredients. Living, as they say, day to day.

No comments: