Thursday, September 5, 2013

Dirty Places

Talk about one thing leading to another. M and C left us with clear instructions to clean a section of the basement that has never been cleaned. A daunting task. Some things had to be moved, so a new home for those things had to be cleaned out. Everything was very dusty, and some of the things were heavy. Tomorrow we should be able to vacuum and mop, creating some new, usable, space for storing pedestals and their bonnets (called vitrines, in the trade) clearing out the front-hall closet, which is currently where we store the bonnets, for use as a coat closet when we have winter events. M and C are both very good vertical thinkers, most people think horizontally. A theater education trains you to think vertically, the Big Picture; and it's a more suited way of learning, to the way the world actually functions. I know when to seek help, but I can handle a great things on my own. I've reinvented the hinge so many times, that I wish, now, that there was a photographic record, but it was never done for that reason, it was always that I just needed a hinge. The driveway is so bad, I have to self-medicate, before I drive down in the morning. A shot of Irish and a smoke. Jesus, it's like an obstacle course, and then the driveway too... Life... as we know it, functions as a metaphor. I cop that completely from Emily. She probably understood the language better than anyone, Susan Howe, Skip, Steven, any feeble attempt I might make. You might notice that t's follows s's; I only mention that in passing, the great scrim of things is that nothing it what is seems.

No comments: