Friday, January 24, 2014

Restoring Order

First thing I did this morning was turn off all the damn fans. Quiet at last. Then opened the vault and started to spread the Carter paintings. Moving slowly because the cold has my left hip throbbing. Carry a few and take a break. After lunch TR was in and we carried out the larger pieces together, then hung the thirty or so works in record time. Pegi's husband came to get her, the roads are still bad in the county, and he warned that there was more snow coming late tonight and all day tomorrow, advised that I stay in town. It's supposed to warm into the twenties this weekend, so my house will be OK, and I elected to stay, so I could read and write in relative warmth. The museum is quiet, and everyone is gone for a long weekend (we've been closed on Saturdays, during the painting and floor cleaning), so it's not a bad place for me to be. I'd rather be on the ridge, but I can't be trapped there, right now, though there is nothing I love more, because I have a great many things, in town, that I need to get done. Mark left a huge book, "American Art", on his desk, and I'd like to flip through that. There's no one to whom I have to justify my actions. I'm not in a relationship and I don't have any pets. Means I can come and go as I want, never waiting for someone else. The way we factor time.

No comments: