Friday, August 22, 2008

A Note

I shouldn't be up, I need sleep, but there was a commotion in the bushes outside and I wondered what the hell it was. It's what I take to be a rabid coon which I duly dispatch and then can't get back to sleep. Fucking nature, man. I read last night's post and realize there is a missing comma and a missing word, AND realize I've committed to yet another job that I probably shouldn't have taken on. Thus the burden of the working class. I didn't mention how beautiful the drive home was last night, a red-tail hawk escaping the canopy, the filtered light, a sense of well-being when I stopped at the bottom of the driveway and shifted into four-wheel drive. I need to walk the access, cut away blackberry canes and sumac that overhang, and I will, eventually, when I can no longer see the ruts; and I need to eat more even though I'm tired of chewing. I could never get fat because I get tired of eating, I'm too easily distracted, first thing you know I'm examining bugs with a magnifying glass and making notes. What about gnats? Who carries what? What carries what? Is there a defense against Black Mold? It's not so much that life is overwhelming as it is an issue that I just don't have time to examine everything. On with the show.

No comments: