Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Scenery

Damned Brit director (actually we all love Roger, but it's necessary to continue the conflict between The Talent and The Techies), like all directors, wanting more, more, more. While D's new hard drive is absorbing data we make a run to the surplus building supply place and get some surplus building supplies to build scenery. $38. Need a few more things, might spend close to $100 before all is said and done. Not exactly sure of the numbers, but I think we spent a quarter of a million on the American premier of Berlioz's "Les Troyens" in Boston, and that was a long time ago. The Deputy is back, after a week's vacation, and Pegi is back (she is director of the performing arts) from a week at Cirque with challenged kids, so the museum is fully staffed, thank god. The Cream Of The Crop show comes down this week and two shows installed over the next couple of weeks, both of which we probably have to pick up somewhere. Most of the characters in this writing read me, know me well, and I have these two paintings to send to Iowa and I know I have the address, push-pinned to the wall, somewhere in my house, but I can't find it, I love to talk to her (we both live alone, an odd stigma) so I just call and we talk about mold and I get her address, again, get up to speed, she invites me out and says she's coming to the Wrack Show, a ten hour drive, I think I might go see her, over a long week-end, just to drink a few beers and eat a couple of meals. Consider the people you're really comfortable with, and why. Run down the list. Real connection is very important, transcends normal bullshit. The fox is back, she comes to the edge of the clearing, I open the back door slowly, toss an apple her way, I move slowly, she doesn't bolt, accepts the fruit, flips her fine butt at me and trots back off into the woods. This may be the relationship I always imagined, where I was accepted, or at least endured. I could have ended up in Iowa, it's a lovely place, the people are real, but this ridge, in Ohio, is a cheap place to be, and there aren't any building codes.

No comments: