Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Alignment

Way too many things to do. Got my usual priority list. Noticed in the paper an ad for 6 foot folding tables, good price ($35), so TR and I went and bought three of them. Back at the museum we got Trish and Pegi to test them, went back to Big Lots and bought six more. Got the truck to the shop. A huge number of labels to manufacture and we no longer get free off-cuts of the matte board so went to Tom Russell Glass for some full sheets. After lunch I painted the second coat of Outside Red on the entry wall, better, but not good enough, and I'm out of paint, which means buying another gallon, for $46, of which I will use one fifth and the rest of it will go to waste or be given away. We never use the same color on the two signage walls. The guy calls from the auto shop and he says everything is good and he can align it first thing tomorrow morning. Home tomorrow night. Start carrying in supplies. Giving Justin a cooking lesson Sunday. Good chance to give The Sauce a boil, I generally keep it under a layer of fat or oil through the winter. Sauce confit. I think we'll do the tenderloin medallions on refried grits with the sauce, and roast some vegetables, maybe make the kale chips. TR's girl will be out of town, maybe he'll come out and eat with us. I'd have to clean off the table, the piles of printed matter, and a growing stack of very good images, pictures or reproductions, people send me things, I separate them out. End up with a lot of piles. Sometimes I go through one of them, they're good piles, keepers, I shred everything else. I shred almost everything. I was thinking about that today, how much of the record I destroy. I don't feel good about it, but when the piles reach a certain height, they fall. My advice, if they're slick magazines, is step over the pile and clean up in the morning. Your ability to re-stack slick magazines will be better in the morning. Trust me on this.

No comments: