Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Didn't Mean

What you thought I said. Confusion, I know, reigns supreme; but I'd never rat on a friend. Some things are inviolate. Maybe Glenn actually writes this, and I'm the fiction. I have to think about that. My goal was to disappear and I might have succeeded. They could probably take DNA off the rim of the glass, but it would only match with a homeless guy in Mississippi that died five years ago. A house fire. Got up for a couple of hours in the night and read, turned off the fridge, lovely quiet. Then slept too late and B had to come knock on the door. Nice morning chat riding into town. Punch List at the museum, a great many things to take care of before Friday. Prioritize. I finished the labels, then started touch-up painting. A lot of that to do. Then the plexiglass bonnets. I take something down to the basement every trip I make. Piles everywhere, tools, extension cords, shipping blankets, and I've got to get down to the floor so I can clean it. Friday starts early, with a panel discussion at four, then the opening/reception 5:30 to 7:30. Jury is still out on whether or not I'll stay for the whole thing. Trish and Pegi have scheduled a wedding reception for the next day, and I wish them well, really stupid scheduling, only exceeded in stupidity by what they've scheduled for next June. I'm sure we can do it, but I'm not happy about it. Someone should consult the rest of the staff. Safe to say, there are control issues here, someone is insecure. Water over the spillway, I just want to know what is the next thing I need to do.

No comments: