Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Inclement Weather

Job sites can be pretty funny. Everyone knows everyone else, and usually they're all giving each other a hard time. Too many trucks, so everybody bitches about the parking. Amusing stories all day long. D is still down in his back, so he locates at a spot and I carry everything to him. I'm a great gofer. He painted the final coat on the new front wall, and I made the first pass (it'll take two or three) in the rest of the main gallery. In the afternoon I removed 40 two inch high bronze letters that had been epoxied into place using two, three, or four (depending on the letter) steel posts. I used a chislel, which will have to be completely reground. Had to pry carefully at each post equally. Then I'd rock it back and forth with my hand. The posts were a ridiculous two inches long, and when they popped free of the plaster wall (the plaster dust is actually what made the whole removal process possible) they looked like nothing so much as little condom encased penises. So went the afternoon, me, on a ladder, pulling letters from the wall, giving each of them a name that began with their letter, and talking to them about their privates. Inclement weather (rain turning to slush) so I had to stay in town, to close the museum, and to open for the subs at eight tomorrow. Pegi will be running late, D teaches on Wednesday, Trish isn't going to work any overtime. And I won't have a bunch of Terry's thugs in the museum without me or D being there. Went over to the pub, Astra was throwing darts, and holding her pregnant belly with the other hand, Christine got me a draft and I just watched the staff interact. Some soccer highlights. Rolled out a down pallet on the floor. Slept the sleep of the innocent; I don't have a lot to hide.

No comments: