Friday, March 22, 2013

Still Sick

Slightly better. I swear Tuesday and Wednesday were horrible, and I was going to see a doctor if I wasn't better by today. But I was able to keep a little food down, my nose was drying up, and the cough was less painful. I could move well enough to get a few things done. My right eye is still dripping a colorless liquid that's slightly salty. The internet makes research so easy. Pegi asked me to find out about theater seats, and benches that might serve as padded pews, and possible seat more kids (most of the theater events are geared toward younger audiences) because they have narrower asses. So I've spent most of my hours, when I just had to get off my feet, during this sick spell, reading about, and looking at images, for the various ways to solve seating problems. I'd thought about the problem before: Greek amphitheaters, boxing rings, the crude wooden risers at a cock-fighting dive, but here I was, looking at solutions to seating problems. There are some very cool seats available, right now, from a theater in Chicago, cast iron with padded backs and seats in velvet. I love them, but they're not the right size. Hate to say I told you so. Went over to the pub, to share a drink with John. Ended up staying for a while, talking with him, and another regular customer, Toto. We each bought a round of Irish whiskey. Back at the museum, I started writing and fell asleep at the computer. Being sick is exhausting.

No comments: