Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sick

Hot and cold flashes, leaking at every orifice. Can't eat because I can't keep anything down. A kind of juice fast, so I can stay hydrated. I didn't know I was sick because I almost never am. But by Monday I knew I was in for it. My entire body was sore and I was weaker than I have been in years. I feel very stupid; as if my brain had been encased in lard. Got into work yesterday, and D came in, recovering as I was regressing, he got some things done; me, not so much. Hiked in with a very light pack and I didn't think I was going to make it. Drank some heated chicken stock and crashed on the sofa for twelve hours; got up with the light, ate a Greek yogurt, made a milder cup of coffee than is my want and hiked off down the hill, knowing full-well that I was going to spend a night away from home. I knew I couldn't walk back up the hill today. It's so weird, to be so physically depleted. So sore. My left hip is literally a pain in the ass. My shoulders are shot. I couldn't push up the front gate, yesterday, it was just too heavy. , and I wonder if I'm of any use at all. Probably not.

No comments: