Thursday, August 29, 2013

Meetings

Lunchtime meeting of the committee planning the big November fundraiser. Tables, chairs, tablecloths. M and C go over to the pub and get lunch for a dozen people. I slipped out, not being much of a meeting person, had a great steak-burger and roasted potatoes at the pup, brought home half, for dinner. When I got back, they were still going, not wanting to make any noise, I read some Carter material. When I heard them disbanding, I went down and helped Mark clear away the food trash, then hauled it immediately to the dumpster. Then re-arranged things slightly for the annual Board Members Supper and meeting at 5:30. For the dinner, C went home and made jambalaya for 16 (with coleslaw and bread), brought it over just before closing time and put it in a couple of crock-pots to keep it warm. I took a taste, and it was quite good. It's all about the sauce. Everything seemed ready, and I have tomorrow to cleanup and get set-up for D's opening on Saturday, also, I think, at 5:30, which means I can get home before dark, probably. Why do we buy eggs by the dozen? By all rights there should be ten of them. It's easier to figure why a Baker's Dozen is 13, than it is to deal with 12, as a number, it doesn't go into 42, so I consider it useless; but it's divisible by two and therefore not a prime number. I have to admit to a passion I have for prime numbers. First off, they are never even, and symmetry is the last refuge of the simple-minded anyway; 153 looks like a prime number, but is divisible by 51, and 3. Samara calls and says that both of my daughters might well be here for Thanksgiving. That seems cool, ribs, coleslaw, and roasted root vegetables.

No comments: