Friday, August 16, 2013

SIck Day

These are very rare for me, I remember taking one a couple of years ago, for a bad back pain that left me unable to walk. This was different. I was fine when I got up, drank juice, made my coffee and headed out, stopped at the Pit Stop for a pint of chocolate milk (I'm trying to gain weight) which must have been bad, because by the time I got to the museum I was doubled-over with severe stomach cramps. Serious pain. When C and M got to work they took one look at me and told me to go home. I wasn't sure I could actually get there, I made it though, stopping twice to vomit, and then had to go the long way around Mackletree, because they'd closed off the road at the bridge over Turkey Creek (with no warning) to survey for the new bridge they're going to build this fall. Got home and threw-up all morning, which, thankfully, relieved the pain, finally, by mid-afternoon I could keep down water and was able to re-hydrate, took a nap, and when I woke up I felt fine. I won't be able to look at chocolate milk for a while. I needed escapist fiction and read a couple of Simenon's Maigret novels that I plucked from a box of books that came in for the auction. I tried to eat a scrambled egg with dry toast but I felt a little sick again, and decided to forgo food for the day. It's amazing how completely being sick can alter your plans. I'm fine, which is good, because I need to go in tomorrow, to receive D's photography show, then do some shopping. I need some wash water, for the first time this year that either snow-melt or rain hasn't provided my needs, so I hope Scott does the driveway tomorrow, because if he doesn't, half of the water will end up in the boot of the Jeep. Not half, but surely a quart of water will slosh from even the gasket sealed pickle buckets I use for wash water. Water is devious. And the Jeep will smell like a wet dog. I knew this would happen, eventually, shifting from a truck to an enclosed vehicle, and I resolve to solve the problem, which is easily solved with a plastic container I can put the bucket of water in, one of those sweater storage bins or something. Big Lots has them for a couple of dollars. Equipage for every task. A nice talk with the music guy, Michael, yesterday. He's completely obsessed with losing weight, which he needed to do, and he's being successful, I hardly recognized his profile, talking with TR in the main gallery. I have to go, I'm very tired.

No comments: