Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Selling Out

Most everyone sells out. You weigh the options. You go with where you can be more comfortable. The ridge, high ground, is a good place to be, but it ill-prepares you to deal with the rest of the world. I hate stupidity and it riles my anger. I always think I've grown beyond it, and go a couple of years, then somebody does something stupid that affects me personally, and I still, after all this time, am likely so show just the edge of my temper. Just the edge. I was pissed today, it didn't start off that way, had a lovely long morning, reading and drinking coffee, and wonderful slow drive in through the fog. Staff meeting in the morning. My contribution was that I wanted to haul away all the trash. The new Educational Intern, Julie, has been cleaning the classroom and there have been mountains of trash. I take a cart down, so I can load the classroom trash, and there are these whimp-ass trash bags filled with old magazines, a hundred pounds to the bag, I can see the skid marks where she dragged them into the hall. Three of the bags split open, and there were, I don't know, 500, a thousand, glossy magazines sliding across the floor. I have to handle these fucking magazines four times to get them in the goddamn dumpster. If that's ok with the powers that be, it's ok with me. But it really seems like a waste of time. What I thought, and I made the mistake of telling Julie, that what she had done was very stupid, and I may have raised my voice, and that led to her complaining to the bosses that I had 'talked ugly to her', which I had, in a very minor way, telling her that I was pissed off, and that if you couldn't lift a bag, and had to drag it into the hallway, you had probably put too much stuff into it. It takes me hours to haul the debris to the dumpster. I considered just going home, because I was irritated, and I knew my day had taken a turn for the worse. Not a good way to start the week, but I'm not one to suffer fools lightly, I'm sick and fucking tired of cleaning up messes that aren't of my own design. Say what you will, stupid is just stupid, it's not an issue I have to take to the boss, I know stupid when I see it. I'm just a janitor, but I'm ok.

No comments: