Monday, November 25, 2013

Off Line

I'll probably be gone for a couple of days. The girls got in, with Samara's partner, Scott. I met them at the museum. Charlotte and Sara were there, with the graphic designer, to work on the catalog for the Alan Gough retrospective, so we visited for a few minutes, then went over to the pub. I'd already rented their room at the Super 8, and gotten their keys. The weather isn't co-operating at all, and I was afraid to go home, lest I get trapped, so Rhea agreed to stay in the motel room. We're right on the edge of this storm, just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. We might have to stay another day in town. Great to see them, and we lingered over a beer and dinner. I like Scott. What's not to like, he's bright, a cook, and works in theater. We agreed to meet at the museum tomorrow, and come up with a plan, if all else fails, we'll eat and drink all day. I would so much rather be out at my place, but they can't afford to get stranded, they leave early Friday morning and have a show in Denver that night. They leave so early, Scott's going to leave me one of the keys, and I should be able to get into town for a shower-bath-shower before check-out time. I love rooking the system Nothing better than birdcalls to rock the boat.

No comments: