Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Being Offensive

That wringer discussion, the other day, I had my Gearpres out today, finally mopping the last of the Wrack Show away, and I noticed it was rusting and not long for the world. Need a school auction. I can't do plastic, I can't change my style; I see a whole new generation of janitors who don't wring their mops very well. Staccato rain on the roof, I lay out a spread, on the island, pate, crackers, two cheeses, a very good double cheddar (what's that?) and a stinky fontina. I graze, get up for no reason and get a bite of something, I add hot peppers and pickles to the menu. One of the great meals ever. Consider grazing. Consider Levi-Strauss, at some point we started eating proscribed meals, gave them names. Having a handle is good, so we can refer to things. I like to think we speak the same language, but even that's a myth. Your world is so different from mine. Yet all these dendritic culverts connect us. A pattern. Always looking for patterns. My minister friend explained degree of faith, it's all about mediation, I hadn't understood that, I don't believe anything, so I'm barely interested. That someone would need someone to tell them what they were seeing. As was pointed out clearly, at the DMV recently, I see pretty well. For a old white guy. Did I mention that these spreads were very good? There was a moment, at the island, I was licking my fingers, I thought I'd swoon: did you watch Tony Parker in that last play-off game, Jesus, the way he went to the basket. Sara was back and she immediately addressed my writing, my god she said, you're writing so well, what's that about, not wanting to call to deflect whatever it was I was doing, what she thought I thought I was doing. Sara asked me directly, but I blew it off, I just do what I do.

Tom

If she thought I had stepped it up a notch, that meant something, she is one of my careful readers. I read back, and it's different, a notch ahead, I don't know what I mean, but I understand, sort of, where it's going. You and me end up together and we never fuck. I suspected that all along. We have to talk about this. I'll meet you Tuesday.

No comments: