Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Madhouse

Nearly four hundred people in the museum in 24 hours. High School art show awards last night, residency kids, then huge SmartTalk at lunch today, Aminah Robinson. Tomorrow will require full janitor mode, everything needs doing, then a jazz concert Friday evening. There was a problem with the cordless microphone caused by cell phones. I don't like phones, much less cell phones, everyone on the phone all the time, hearing the stupid things people say, feel it necessary to say: -I'm coming out of the building now-. The last three days, the poplar tops are greening in the bottom of my hollow, not on top quite yet. Two distinct climate zones, the bottom and the top. My puddles have become impossible, since the big trucks last weekend. I need to drop trees this weekend, for next year's firewood, yard work, roof the back porch. If I had the money I'd hire some things done, and I haven't done that in 32 years, everything I'm done myself, mostly, but the last couple of years, especially the last couple of months, all I want to do is read and write. The museum, Sara said this today, is good for me, less I hermitize completely. I like engaging the public from my position as janitor. D got his dander up today, and it was good to see, drawing lines on the museum floor. There's this curator person, Carol, I think her name was, is, that brought Aminah down from Columbus, who we paid to do that, and in her black pant suit, she indicated failings. The kind of person who gives art a bad name. She was awful, I ignored her; she did have a nice butt, I noticed that, but otherwise acted dumb. She was bringing serious art to the great unwashed. I have always been a member of, never ashamed, of that group. Heard that phrase my entire life, wondered what the origin was, called Linda, to applaud her gig at the Guthrie, and ask Glenn what the fuck it meant. He is such a resource to me that I've considered a second, dedicated line. A research associate. Linda understands better than almost anyone. I needed to talk to them both. I, who hate phones. I took more than I gave,I accrerted mass, I'm good at this. I picked up a small remaindered rib-eye steak, I knew I could collect enough morels for a sauce, knew, made it so. Morel hash is the wrong phrase, but I like duxelles, you know, as a word.. What you thought you said. I'm layers behind in this, what I thought I was seeing. Your guy will talk to my guy.

No comments: