Thursday, April 2, 2009

Several Fronts

Busting ass, no other way to say it. D had rented a van for two days, to return paintings, we load him up and ship him off, he's back just before noon. In the mean time I pulled all the rest of the painting (42) and got all the walls patched and filled, the signage removed. The signage walls need painting, we need a color choice. I run out for the gaskets to repair the kitchen sink while D is away. Lunch at the Pub and the waitresses are giving us a hard time, we play along, a little loud, think they are using us as cheap entertainment. We can be very funny. Yesterday, in the office, Pegi was on a rant, at the dry-erase board, and she was using jargon; I was sitting in the dead chair, in the hallway, outside D's office, knew he could hear me, and Pegi used the same word again, in the present tense, which was maybe correct as jargon but wrong grammatically, I added the 'ed' as an aside. It was perfect, the timing, the enunciation, D belly- laughed but Pegi and Trish were so into whatever they were talking about they missed it completely. The nature of the ephemeral. Loaded D up again, after lunch, and he took off, I cleaned the plumbing parts I want to reuse, dealt with some other problems. He was back mid-afternoon and we returned a couple of watercolors to the University, I went along, because I wanted to see the student Art Show, touch base with some of the teachers, I never expected the breasts from Paradise. She was waiting for the elevator too, and as we were both carrying paintings, asked what floor to punch and we told her 3. She was wearing an outer spandex top that exposed these great puppies veiled in a daring black bra. I swear I'm not many things, and I could have gotten over the sight of youthful breasts, but she must have been a student of Lane's, because she was attentive to the fact that we were so casual with him. She walked by several times, I was standing at the door, she flashed her smile. It's blowing up a storm. I fault no one for anything, how could I, I'm the worst of the lot, what I posit is fifth or fourth down the line. However you count your crawdads. Listen, there was a moment for me, walking someone through the show, where I didn't realize what I was saying. Uber Mensch. You are the same as me, you is the same as me, you see what I mean about whatever it is. The next thing. I attempt to stay open, but I have to sleep. I love where you interject yourself. I would never gamble that: watch closely, what I refuse to say.

No comments: