Sunday, April 5, 2009

Housekeeping

Modest cleaning, vacuum dust-bunnies and those goddamn fake ladybugs. Had to clean the shop-vac I use at the house, this is the job from hell. There's a cloth cover and a foam cylinder involved, they catch the dust, they must be cleaned. I hit them on a tree, but I'm sure there are better methods. I clean some flat surfaces, shelve some books, scrub the sink and drain-board, fix a great feta omelette, with scallions and hot peppers with a green enchilada sauce; shredded potato patty with a pungent ketchup/wasabi that I think I invented; and toast with pepper jelly. Wonderful meal that left me crying. Breakfast is underrated as a seductive meal. This one, or Greek Eggs, or crab cakes, fried herring roe with wild asparagus on toast (probably unique to certain counties in New England, where the timing is correct). I fill all the wood stations one more time, because of the predicted spring snow event. Playing hell with Glenn's plans to get here for the deconstruction. Show must go off though. Thinking that through, wondering if we could wait a few hours on Tuesday, before we deconstructed, I think we can, before the film crew arrives. I was going to do an extended shaggy dog thing, but it occurred to me that the numbers were the same. How do I explain this, I just realized it, recognized a pattern. Liza had said to me that the talent needed $65,000 each, minimum; then Chuck and Barnhart and D saying $65,000 minimum for a terminal degree. I can't help thinking that a terminal degree is one where you get it and then you die. Why is it that figure? Is that the average cost of living? Maybe it means nothing, but it popped up, thought I'd mention it, none of it makes any sense to me, I merely record. Skip Fox has a new one out, DELTA BLUES, he's the louisana.edu guy, he'll send you a copy, you want to go crazy, get on his list. There was a pileated woodpecker today that was as large as a crow. Thunderstorms, I d better go.

No comments: